Things to Do That Are “Happening in the Heights”
Looking for things to do?! Peoria Heights offers creative events and scenic views that are sure to please your whole family. We are the perfect place for any occasion, outing or interest.
Something or other is going on all year long. Whether you enjoy art, live music, parades, beer/wine tasting, parades, outdoor picnics, or just strolling down beautiful streets……The Village of Peoria Heights is THE PLACE TO BE!!
Enjoy Family Oriented Activities in Peoria Heights
Some of the things the public can get involved in, as a participant or spectator, include:
- Peoria Heights Community Band concerts (practices held at Peoria Heights Congregational Church).
- Free outdoor street fairs, music performances, craft shows, and art displays by outstanding local artists.
- Tower Park Music Fest a free, outdoor concert series that runs every week throughout the month of August.
- Veterans Day and Fall Parades.
- Picnics, sand volleyball, hiking, and open baseball diamond at Grand View Drive Park, part of Illinois River Rd.
- Chamber/Village “Insta-Pic” Challenge. Details/link to come soon.
- Forest Park Nature Center— a 540-acre nature preserve with 7 miles of wonderful hiking trails, a natural history museum and bird observation room.
- Country Club of Peoria— established in 1897, rebuilt in 1920 after a fire, with a championship 18 hole par 72 golf course that hosts the annual Maui Jim Invitational and the Grand View Invitational tournaments.
- 2nd Friday’s Art Exhibits takes place in the Height’s business district, featuring spectacular original art by local artists, starting at 4pm.
September 28 @ 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
October 27 @ 3:00 pm